We all love egg salad, and like a sandwich, it just becomes a more mouth-watering meal. In a classic egg salad recipe, we use mayonnaise, celery, fresh herbs, and obviously hard-boiled eggs. However, one extra ingredient can add more taste to this classic recipe.
That ingredient is Avocado. Avocado adds a new dimension to the classic egg salad. Everything changes when you add a dollop of creamy Avocado to the mix. As a result of its naturally creamy texture, Avocado can be used as an egg salad substitute without the need for mayonnaise and will also give a new taste.
So if you haven’t tried Avocado Salad Recipe, this article will mention delicious Avocado Egg Salad Recipes. Then, you can make it whenever you like to.
Avocado Egg Salad Recipes
1) Fast & Easy Egg Salad Recipe
Time: 20 Minutes (Prep- 5 Minutes, Cooking- 15 Minutes)
- 1 pitted and peeled medium Avocado
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt or Mayonnaise
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 eggs hard-boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 celery stalk of average length, finely chopped (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon of minced chives, parsley, or dill
- Salt & Black Pepper
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together.
- Add the eggs, celery, and chives, and then mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado egg salad with Avocado on two pieces of whole wheat bread.
- Avocado Egg Salad goes well with crackers, vegetables, wraps, and even a bed of greens.
2) No Mayo Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 3 large hard, boiled eggs
- 1 to 2 Avocados, peeled & pitted
- 3 Tbsp of a good quality plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup each parsley and dill
- Red pepper flakes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare the eggs for a hard boil: Place three peeled and roughly chopped hard-boiled eggs in a bowl.
- Add the Avocado, lemon juice, and three tablespoons of Greek yogurt to the bowl.
- Add chopped celery, shallots, and a combined one-third cup of parsley and dill.
- After drizzling on some extra virgin olive oil, use a spoon or fork to combine the ingredients.
- Be careful not to over-mash the avocados and eggs; retaining some texture is important.
How to Serve:
- You can serve this avocado egg salad without bread (or lettuce wraps) for a low-carb version.
- But if you want to prepare an amazing egg salad sandwich for lunch, you must begin with decent bread.
- Add some romaine lettuce leaves, build up the salad, and finish with additional fresh parsley and dill.
3) Sweet & Tangy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and cubed
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp chopped sweet pickles
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- Salt & Black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, mash the eggs with a fork to break them up.
- Combine the Avocado, onion, pickle, mustard, and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- Gently mash the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now either eat it just with lettuce wraps or make it taste better by making a sandwich with it.
Tips for Making Best Avocado Egg Salad Recipes:
- Avoid overcooking your hard-boiled eggs. That green hue on your yolk is absolutely not what you want.
- It’s normal for avocados to be creamy; therefore, when you combine them with other ingredients, the Avocado will begin to decompose. It’s always better to have it chunkier than the guacamole-like texture.
- Incorporate chives and parsley into your cooking by sprinkling them on your food. Cilantro, basil, or even tarragon might work well here.
- Use your own mayonnaise. It’s a cinch to make, and it tastes a lot better. You’ll never purchase mayonnaise from the supermarket again after making your own.
- You could substitute sour cream or yogurt if you don’t want to use mayonnaise.
How long to store Avocado Egg Salad?
This recipe is best when prepared fresh, but it can be refrigerated for up to two days. This is less than traditional egg salad because the avocados in this dish will begin to oxidize and turn brown after two days.
These were three unique and tasty avocado egg salad recipes you should make. You can try sour cream or yogurt instead of mayonnaise in the recipe. Also, try these recipes with your own twist too.
We hope this article was helpful & informative. Please leave your valuable thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!