Chocolate may taste good to dogs, but it's deadly and can make them sick. Dogs and chocolate don't mix, so ignore your dog's begging.


Theobromine, found in chocolate, is harmful to dogs. Dogs can't metabolize theobromine like humans.


Theobromine affects dogs' stomach, heart, CNS, and kidneys.


Dog chocolate poisoning symptoms include vomiting, diarrhoea, restlessness, hyperactivity, fast breathing, muscle tension, incoordination, elevated heart rate, and seizures.


If your dog has eaten chocolate, contact your vet or a Vets Now pet emergency clinic immediately for help. 


Our chocolate toxicity calculator helps you determine if your dog ate too much.


Note your dog's weight, type of chocolate, amount eaten, and when it was eaten. Wrapper to the vet, if possible.


This helps the vet determine if your dog ate too much chocolate and how to treat them.


Chocotoxicity affects the heart, CNS, and kidneys. Four to 24 hours after consuming chocolate, dogs commonly show symptoms.


Chocolate makes dogs sick, but it's rarely fatal. Many dog chocolate poisoning instances go undetected, though.


 Only five dogs died from chocolate intoxication, according to the Veterinary Poisons Information Service. 

LATEST NEWS 

Keep Updated
With All Of 

SUBSCRIBE NOW